Rules and Prizes
Pet Idol Contest
OFFICIAL RULES 2014
- No purchase necessary. All federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited.
- The individual submitting each entry must be 18 years of age or older at the time of entry, and must be a resident of Ohio, Michigan, or Indiana. The 2014 Pet Idol Contest is not open to employees of JC Penney, The Blade, Planned Pethood Inc., Toledo Metroparks, Yark Automotive, WTVG 13abc, webART, or additional Pet Idol contest sponsors, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotional agencies, or immediate family members of any of these organizations or any person domiciled with any such employee.
- To enter the photo contest, one must complete an Official Entry Form in full and must follow all instructions. Entries must be mailed to the address listed on the form. Submissions may also be submitted in person to The Blade between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. All entries must include a photo of the pet alone – no humans should be pictured in the entry photo. To submit photos electronically, visit PetIdolContest.com and submit a 200 dpi resolution (or less) pet photo in a .jpeg format. Camera-phone photos will not be accepted. Photos will not be returned.
- Additional Official Entry Forms are available online at PetIdolContest.com and at the front desk of The Blade during normal business hours through Monday, April 28, 2014.
- All entries and photos must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. Monday, April 28, 2014, to be considered a valid entry. All photos or Entry Forms received after this day and time will not be included in the 2014 Pet Idol Contest.
- Only original Official Entry Forms, which are available via The Blade or online at PetIdolContest.com are accepted and will be considered Official Pet Idol Entries. Reproductions and photocopies of the Official Entry Form are not valid and will not be accepted. Partners or Sponsors of the 2014 Pet Idol Contest are not responsible for lost, damaged, or misdirected entries.
- All eligible entries received will be posted in The Blade, and will be posted on PetIdolContest.com as the site is updated. Readers will vote to narrow the pool of pet entries to 25. The 25 pets that receive the most votes by the deadline will be announced and will be eligible for the second round of voting. Votes will be tabulated and the Top 10 winners will be posted in The Blade and on PetIdolContest.com. The 2014 Pet Idol Winner will be announced on Saturday, June 7, 2014 and in The Blade and on toledoblade.com Sunday, June 8, 2014.
- The odds of winning are based on the number of eligible entries and reader votes.
- Prizes include:
- One (1) Grand Prize Gift Basket will be given to the 2014 Pet Idol Contest Winner. The Grand Prize basket will include $500. The total retail value of the Grand Prize basket is $500.00.
- Four (4) Gift Baskets will be given to the next four of the top five. Each basket will include pet supplies, and gift certificates. The total retail value of each basket is $100.00.
- Winners are responsible for any applicable taxes.
For questions regarding the 2014 Pet Idol Contest Rules or the 2014 Pet Idol Contest in general, call Brittney Bradner at (419) 724-6480.
Last Updated: Thursday, March 27, 2014