Rules and Prizes
Official Rules 2013
No purchase necessary. All federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited.
- Individual submitting entry must be 18 years or older at the time of entry and a resident of Ohio, Michigan or Indiana. Not open to employees of JC Penney, The Blade, Planned Pethood Inc., the Toledo Metroparks and 13abc, WebArt, their respective Pet Idol contest sponsors, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising or promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of and any persons domiciled with any such employees.
- To enter the photo contest, complete an Official Entry in full, following all instructions, and mail to the address listed on the form. Or submit an Official Entry in person to The Blade weekdays between 8:30 am and 5:00 pm. Entries must include photo of pet alone, no humans. To submit photos electronically, go to petidolcontest.com. submit in jpegformat, 200dpi resolution or less. No camera-phone photos will be accepted. Photos will not be returned.
- Additional Official Entry forms are available online at petidolcontest.com and at the front desk of The Blade during normal business hours through Tuesday, April 2, 2013.
- All entries and photos must be received by close of business, 5 pm on Tuesday, April 2, 2013 for the pet photo to be included in the contest.
- Only original Official Entries available through The Blade or online at petidolcontest.com are allowed. Reproductions and photocopies are not valid. Not responsible for lost, damaged or misdirected entries.
- To enter the video portion of the Pet Idol Contest, submit a spot no longer than 60 seconds including the pet only in the video (no humans). Deadline to enter and vote for the pet video at petidolcontest.com is Wednesday, June 5, 2013.
- All eligible entries received will be posted in The Blade on Sunday, April 14, 2013 and on petidolcontest.com as updated. Readers will vote to narrow the pool of pets to 40. Top 40 votes will be posted on Sunday, May 5, 2013 for a second round of voting. Votes will be tabulated and the Top Ten winners posted in The Blade and on petidolcontest.com on Sunday, May 26, 2013. The Pet Idol winner will be announced on 13abc on Saturday, June 8, 2013, 9-10am, and in The Blade and on toledoblade.com on Sunday, June 9, 2013.
- Odds of winning based on number of eligible entries and reader votes.
- Prizes:2013 Pet Idol (Grand Prize) winner receives JC Penney Pet Portrait package (retail $60), and a gift basket with gift certificates, pet goodies and MetroBarks membership (to top dog) (retail $150).Top Ten & Video winners receive prize baskets with gift certificates and pet goodies (retail $100).
Questions? Call Debby Geyer at 419-724-6157.